Canoe and Kayak and Yakity Yak North Shore actively support the pest free status of our Treasure Islands of the Hauraki Gulf.
Who has a pest free warrent and how do they get it?
“Our vessel(s)/company is/are licensed by DOC and the Auckland Council to
visit pest free islands in the Hauraki Gulf
Prepare for your trip by being alert for stowaways such as Argentine ants,
rainbow skinks, soil, seeds, mice or rats. Do:
- • check that your bags are clean and free of stowaways and then seal them up
- tight as soon as you have finished packing them.
- • make sure all food is packed at source and sealed in plastic rodent proof
- containers with lid. Ensure cardboard boxes are closed and taped – there
- must be no opportunity for a rodent to access the box in transit.
- • thoroughly check any camping or overnight gear for stowaways. Gear that
- has been stored is high risk.
If you have any doubts or questions about biosecurity please ask
“Visit www.treasureislands.co.nz for further information on biosecurity.