1 July 2018 is fast approaching - the date by which lawyers and conveyancers must be compliant with their obligations under phase 2 of the AML/CFT Act. If you are looking at this issue for the first time, you cannot afford to miss this webinar.
Whilst this webinar is primarily designed for those who are looking at the issue for the first time, it will also be of benefit to those who have had some training and want to gain a greater insight from a recap.
The presenters will provide an overview of the law and regulations and offer practical advice in relation to:
- Carrying out Risk Assessments
- Developing and implementing a Compliance Programme
- Client Due Diligence
- Suspicious Activity Reports
- Prescribed Transaction Reports
- Other critical aspects of the regime, including the penalties for non-compliance.
After this webinar you will:
- Be aware of who and what AML/CFT – phase 2 applies to.
- Understand the requirements to meet your obligations.
- Understand the penalties for non-compliance.
Who should attend
All lawyers and conveyancers.
Materials / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is now available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration. For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Hardcopy or PDF: no extra charge
- Both Hardcopy AND PDF: + $30
- Henry Brandts-Giesen, Partner, Kensington Swan, Auckland
- Neil Russ, Partner, Buddle Findlay, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 12 June 2018
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.