Online CPD enables you to complete your CPD requirements anywhere, anytime!
Online CPD - what is it?
Online CPD courses are short, online learning programmes that you can complete on the go. There are no app’s to download, all you need is a computer, tablet or smart phone device that is connected to the internet.
Online CPD courses cover a range of topics across different practice areas. The courses on offer will continue to grow and expand as we have more available to release.
What do you get?
An Online CPD package includes:
- Access to the interactive Online CPD course
- An electronic copy of the PowerPoint presentation used
- A copy of the booklet – usually dispatched within 4-5 working days
- An electronic certificate of completion
How to use Online CPD
Using Online CPD is easy, simply log into our website using your NZLS CLE username and password, then purchase an Online CPD course as you would for any other registration or book order.
Once you’ve completed your purchase, your Online CPD course will be available immediately via MyCPD – your booklet will be dispatched within 4-5 working days. To access your Online CPD course straight away, go to: My CPD > Online CPD.
- Choose the course that you’ve purchased which you’d like to start – don’t worry if you don’t have the time to complete the course in one go, the innovative Online CPD system will be able to pick up where you left off - even in the middle of a video!
- Press ‘play’ to watch the videos (or listen to the audio clip) in the Online CPD course, then press the 'next' button to move on and answer the questions that follow.
- The questions are either multi choice or True/False statements. Click in the box for the the answer/s you think are correct – If you are correct, a tick with ‘correct’ will appear, if you answered incorrectly a red cross with ‘incorrect’ will appear.
- When you’ve correctly answered the question, you’ll be able to move onto the next question. If you're having trouble answering a question, you can press the 'back' button, and watch the video again. Note, some questions may have more than one correct answer.
- Work your way through the Online CPD course by watching each video and correctly answering the questions that follow.
- Once you’ve successfully completed all of the sections, the Online CPD course will end and you will be able to download a certificate of completion by clicking on "my CPD" on the top right of your screen - Keep this certificate with your CPD records.
- 7. After you've finished the course, you can revisit any part of it as many times as you like simply by logging back into My CPD > Online CPD again – and skip to any part of the course by using the navigation menu on the left hand side.
Frequently asked questions about Online CPD
- Do Online CPD courses count towards my CPD points?
Absolutely! Online CPD courses meet the NZLS requirements for eligible CPD activities.
- Do I need to be on my computer?
No, you can access your Online CPD from any tablet, smartphone or computer with an internet connection.
- What happens if my battery runs out?
One of the great features of this system is if you have to switch devices half way through a programme, you can pick up right where you left of! Even in the middle of a video!
- Do I need to have sound?
Yes, you must either be using speakers or headphones in order to hear the video presentation.
- Do I have to do the course in one go?
No, if you have to stop the course for any reason, click “save and exit” at the bottom of the screen.
- Is my Online CPD recorded at NZLS CLE?
As soon as you’ve purchased a course, it is recorded in ‘My CPD’.
- How do I get my Online CPD courses verified?
When you complete an Online CPD course, you will be issued with an electronic certificate of completion to download from the Online CPD system. Your certificate will be available to download for three years from the date it was completed.
- Can I re-visit an Online CPD course or use it as an archived source of information?
Yes, you can re-visit any part of the course as many times as you want after you’ve completed the course.
- I can't access all of my Online CPD course?
The Online CPD system requires you to complete each section in order, by watching the videos, then answering the questions that follow. After you've successfully completed each of the sections and received your certificate, you’ll be able to re-visit any part of the course at any time - but to start with, you must follow the course, step by step.