Please complete the below enquiry form so that one of our Visiting Teachers can touch base with you.
Information about our requirements when applying for work through Home Grown Kids
We will require a Police Check as soon as you register with us. Your police check form will be lodged online with Police Vetting and results can take up to 15 working days. Ministry of Education requirements are that all Nannies have to be police checked before being placed with a family.
We will ask for the following ahead of an interview with you:
Requirements from HGK nannies:
- Current CV
- Your childcare philosophy / a few lines about what you can bring to a family.
- A recent photo
- Names, contact numbers & emails for two childcare work related referees
- Copy of your current First Aid Certificate
- Copy of your work visa (if appropriate)
- Nannies are supported by their Visiting Teacher and complete Learning Journals with a minimum of one learning story for each child every month
- Attend HGK playgroups and outings wherever possible
- Provide suitable activities for the children both indoors and out
- Advance your own learning
- Take responsibility for paperwork
- Complete fortnightly timesheets via email.....no timesheets = no wages!
Please see the list of our playgroups in your area on the website and we would be pleased to see you come along to meet with the Visiting Teachers.
Nanny Guidelines for interviews with parents
- Please remember you are attending an interview representing Home Grown Kids
- What time is your interview? Make sure you know where you are going and be punctual, dress smartly.
- Take a spare copy of your CV to leave with parents. Preferably with a photo included and copies of qualifications.
- Please ensure your cell phone has an appropriate greeting and you have a suitable e mail address.
- If children are at the interview, focus on them. Parents like to see the nanny build rapport with their children.
- Take along a bag of fun games and toys which are age appropriate.
- Why should they employ you? Sell yourself. Be positive.
- Interview the parents – you have to like them as well as them liking you.
- Discuss the hourly rate the they are offering
Sample Interview Questions
****A timesheet is completed fortnightly by the parents on our website which generates an e-mail to the nanny who then has to confirm worked hours by e mail to Head Office****
- Tell me about yourself
- Are you a trained Nanny?
- What work experience do you have?
- What work will you/won’t you do eg housework, meals, washing?
- Describe your play philosophy.
- Do you have a current first aid certificate?
- What is the expiry date?
- What do you feel you have to offer a family?
- Describe your outlook on life.
- Do you have any hobbies, interests or special skills?
- Are you currently employed, if yes, then why do you wish to leave you current employment?
- What responsibilities have you had and ages of children?
- Where do you see yourself in two years time?
- Have you prepared family meals before?
- Do you have any allergies/dislikes towards pets?
- What are your views on children watching television?
- Are you a smoker?
- Do you have your own vehicle?
- Has it a current wof/registration?
- Are you fit and healthy?
- What is your expected salary?
- Do you have any questions?
- What can you bring to our family?