cart Shopping Cart    You have 0 items   
Want to become a member?
Sign up here!
shop online page
health sector page
Education sector page
food sector page


1. ASCIA has developed a number of free anaphylaxis e-training (online) modules as follows

Education sector (staff, caregivers, volunteers and students).
Community - family, friends, colleagues, patients, volunteers – anyone who might come into contact with or know someone at risk of anaphylaxis and would like to know what to do in an emergency.

2. Public Health Nurses (PHNs):

PHNs are registered nurses in child and family focussed community health services attached to DHBs.  Schools are allocated a PHN to support and advise on children's health, and liaise with family doctors, specialists and other health providers. In most regions of NZ they provide anaphylaxis education and support to schools and families.  In some areas they provide this support also to early childhood services.

Allergy New Zealand has a power-point presentation on the Allergy and Anaphylaxis Guidelines for Early Childhood Services and Schools, for PHNs to use when providing anaphylaxis education to schools.
For more information about education and training, contact the Allergy Advisor.

3. First Aid training:

There is a legal requirement for workplaces to take all practicable steps to provide first aid facilities under the Health and Safety in Employment Regulations 1995, and to have procedures for dealing with emergencies under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992 (HSE Act).  Further information is available here.
The minimum qualification requirement for a workplace first aider includes NZQA unit standards 6401, 6402 (or by special arrangement 25459, 26551, 26552). Unit 26552 includes anaphylaxis.

For schools, it is recommended First Aid training providers be requested to provide training on recognition of anaphylaxis and first aid response including administering adrenaline via an auto-injector.

4. NZQA first aid unit standards 25459: Provide first aid for young children

This unit standard is for people who have responsibility for young children, including those who provide home-based education and care services for young children. Go here.